728x90 AdSpace

Latest News
Powered by Blogger.
Friday 6 April 2012

Photo Editing

I love photos, and spend most of my time with either my camera in my hand or wishing I had my camera in my hand as I day dream of capturing that perfect shot. However my love for photography is very much just a pass time trying to capture those special memories for myself, with only a small point and shot camera its a real bonus when I do get a lovely shot.

girl and boxerdog muddy puddles
Sometimes its sheer luck, and you can capture the perfect moment, the light is kind to you and you manage to capture the smiles that speak more than words.

However like with anything photography is a real skill, a true art  and one which the best way to get better at is to keep on practising, but there are tips and tricks you can learn along the way and the best place to learn them is by looking at other peoples photography for inspiration, I have spent a pleasant evening blog hopping and have come across some simply wonderful new blogs full of the most inspiring photographs.

Whilst I was loosing myself amongst the splendid photography I came across a couple of great Photo Editing Challenges, and seems as I love to tinker and edit my photos I thought I'd join in these challenges and see if I can learn a thing or two whilst I'm at it!

The first one is over at EditMeChallenge and they  have this rather atmospheric shot to edit which was taken by  Alicia at Project Alicia which is a must look at blog for inspirational photos!


 So I loaded the photo into PaintShopPro x3 and adjusted the brightness, shadows, highlights and colours using the smart photo edit feature, until I was happy with the colour of the sky, then I cropped the photo to make the tree a more dramatic feature to the right hand side of the photo, but still leaving the main focus on the beautiful colours of the sky.

Heres what I came up with:


If you would like to have ago and see what you can do with this great photo, or want to see what others have created and maybe pick up some hints and tips then be sure to pop over to EditMeChallenge by clicking on this button:

Edit Me
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Photo Editing Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Blogs Tiền Ảo