728x90 AdSpace

Latest News
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday 11 April 2012

Photo Edit : Using Clone

After my travels the other day where I came across the EditMe photo challenge, I continued looking at all the inspirational blogs, and loved picking up hints and tips from the challlenge, so I was pleased when I found another great Photo Editing Challenge over at Little Adventures Blog,

This weeks challenge is being Guest Judged by Amanda from Seeing Beauty, which is great blog to take a look at with lovely photographs and lots of hints and tips, Amanda has provided the photo for everyone to edit, of this flamingo scene.


I loaded the photo into PaintShopPro x3 and tinkered with the saturation level, brightness and shadows, then I cropped the image to focus on the main flamingo, but I felt something was missing, the second flamingo in the picture was in the way, and I wanted to incorporate the flowers on the left without having the second flamingo.

So I opened a second photo, did the same colour edits to it, then using the clone tool I cloned the flowers to the right closer to the main flamingo.

To make the ripples in the water have purpose now the flamingo had been cloned out, I cloned the little black duck from the right of the original to make it appear he was making the ripples, its not a seamless clone, but I was fairly pleased with the effect.

I then did a slight sharpen and ended up with this:

 
I love how you can really change the focus of a picture with a couple of edits. the clone tool is a really helpful tool for making changes, removing things which distract from where you want the focus to lie.

So if you would like to have a go at Editing this photo, or see what others have done, then hop on over to the FlipFlop Photo Edit challenge following the badge below.

Flip Flop Photo Edit Challenge
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Photo Edit : Using Clone Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Blogs Tiền Ảo