728x90 AdSpace

Latest News
Powered by Blogger.
Friday 16 March 2012

you'll make him gay!

I saw a story the other day about a 5 year old boy who had never had his hair cut, and now had lovely long wavy blond locks rolling down his back, however since starting school he had asked for it to be cut, and his parents are now going to take him for his first ever hair cut.

Now you see stories like this always get people saying oh silly parents, cut the boys hair, but a boy having long hair will not effect his mental state, is not a form of neglect like some people would happily shout. The comments on the article in The Sun are just crazy!

I have, in the past, been told that I will 'make my boys gay!' and other such comments, when my youngest would refused to play in the paddling pool unless he had his sisters swimming costume on - and neglectful mother that I am allowed him!

Little boy wearing pink

I never minded when he choose to sit and play with the bratz or the glittery pink sparkly toys, and put on his sisters pink hats and make up.

It never worried me because he also loves to play rough and tumble games with his brother, and dress up as Spiderman, climb trees find bugs. I wouldn't mind if indeed he did decided he was gay, as long as my children are happy and have the confidence to be themselves then that is fine by me.

Child long blond messy hair on trampoline

Other silly comments you hear when boys play with dolls or have long hair is 'bet the mum wanted a girl!'

I certainly didn't desperate want a girl, I already have a much loved daughter, but even if I only had boys it truly wouldn't bother me. I simply allowed all my children to experiment and explorer with everything life has to offer, both  my boys and my daughter, (who loves nothing better than to find bugs, frogs and generally get as muddy as possible outdoors!) have been allowed to become whoever they want to.

girl with frog countryside children mucky fun
That simple childhood innocence with none of the limitations that come with the expectations of the adult world doesn't last for long so I am perfectly happy to allow them to find their own personalities before those expectations are forced upon them.

Little boy with blond hair in the country
Haircuts however are abit different, young children can not make the choice to have their hair cut, so certainly in the first 3 or 4 years the style of hair is a parents choice, I will admit I am not at all kean on haircuts, I pretty much avoid hairdressers at all costs, but really the reason my boys have longer hair is simply because I think it is cute!

 I know some may say that's not fair on the child, but whos to say cutting your sons hair really short is what your son actually wants? In those first few years surely as parents we're allowed some input in our childrens lives, as long as when they are old enough to express an opinion you take that into consideration then I am fine for little boys to sport lovely long locks.

Blond long hair little boy outside

My boys haven't got as long hair as the boy mentioned above, they have had several hair cuts over the years, at their discretion; if they ask to have their hairs cut then they can, the fact I love them with longer hair has no bearing on their own opinions and even when they ask for their hair to be cut short and my heart sinks, it doesn't mean I refuse.

 I am aware that hair has that lovely ability to keep growing back!


  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: you'll make him gay! Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Blogs Tiền Ảo