728x90 AdSpace

Latest News
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday 21 January 2012

not good news at all :(

Regulars here will know I am a fan of a photo editing site called picnik.com it is a site which is totally user friendly and enables everyone to make pretty amazing edits to their photos via just a few simple clicks.


Picnik has a free section where you can do a whole array of edits but they also have a premium feature which is something like £15 a year, I love this site so much I have been a premium member for about 4 years, and even tho I can and do use photoshop and paintshop pro, it is picnik that is there for the basic edits as it is sooo easy!

In 2010 google brought picnik, and everyone at the time warned this was a BAD idea, I reserved judgement and seems as the awesomeness of picnik didn't change I thought all the warnings were unwarranted.

however today I go to facebook and see a friend had posted a daunting message saying that Picnik was closing.

 I checked and sure enough google have decided to close Picnik in April instead adding a 'creativity' pack to google+

I simply can not believe that google have made this decision it seems totally unreasonable I know so many people who adore this site, to simply take it down is very unreasonable, it can not be because they are loosing money as google have promised refunds of the FULL membership even if you are on the very last day.

It seems to me that google simply saw an independent site that was generating alot of interest, something that was obviously amazing, and they decided their best bet was to get their claws into it themselves rather than have competition, they brought this wonderful site and then waited for the sand to settle now they rip the rug from under their loyal customers feet.

So I guess theres very little else to say, but as for am I going to be running to google+ anytime soon to see if they have anything nearly as good as picnik... NOT A CHANCE!



  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: not good news at all :( Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Blogs Tiền Ảo