728x90 AdSpace

Latest News
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday 15 February 2012

Valentines Tarts

I am not a great cook, I stick to what I know and leave everything else to my other half.  Which means when the children want to cook crispy cakes seem to feature heavily!
But as my daughter gets older she has started asking more and more to cook, and she is less and less satisfied with simply pouring chocolate over  a bow of rice crispies so I dusted off an old cookery book which my Mum passed on to me that has been a firm favourite throughout my childhood.


 Although the cookery book is from the early 70's the recipes are so simple to follow.


So yesterday was Valentines day, Chloe decided she was going to make special Jam tarts, seems as jam tarts are one of the only things I can make, I thought this would be a good start, (nothing kills a good idea faster than a disastrous outcome!) So we set about making nice simple pastry.

Chloe measured out the Flour, butter and lard then mixed it together with just a little help from her younger brother.


Then she simply cut thin strips of the pasty and placed them over the jam to make heart shapes.


It worked really well and we had lovely Heart Tarts to eat with our dinner,

jam tarts with a heart shaped center

Today we've been making current buns... which have also turned out well... maybe Chloe will be a better cook than me!

  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Valentines Tarts Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Blogs Tiền Ảo