728x90 AdSpace

Latest News
Powered by Blogger.
Monday 7 May 2012

Nature trail

After spending most of last week inside nursing my youngest, hiding from the cold and wet weather, I was happy to see some sunshine yesterday, although Mikey still wasn't feeling up to a hike through the woodlands me and Chloe put on our boots left the boys at home with Dad and set off with Jackson to get some fresh air.


Theres something nice about just being outside, looking at nature in all its glory. We decided to go on abit of a nature hunt, looking out for the little things we perhaps sometimes miss when we're jumping through the puddles.

boxer dog walk in woodland

The rain has really helped the grass grow and everywhere is lovely and green, dandelions have sprouted up all over the place filling the pathways with dandelion clocks.

dandelion clock seed macro photo

I love dandelions, although they are weeds they bring such a lovely splash of colour to the countryside and there is nothing quite as fun as blowing a dandelion clock.

I always always try to capture a great photo of one of the children blowing a dandelion but no matter how much I try I can never capture it just right!

The ladybirds were out in force too, adding their splash of colour to the greenery. Such lovely little insects.

ladybird macro photo


The sun was shinning through the trees, it gave the woodland a real magic feel, birds chirping as we sat peering through the bushes into the undergrowth into a real fairy world.

woodland magical world fairy mushroom

I was loving getting close to nature and experimenting with the macro on my camera, when Chloe pointed out a funny looking bug, I turned and managed to capture him sitting on the delicate white flower.

close up bug funny flying insect


I was rather impressed with myself at capturing the amazing detail of the tiny creature going about his business.

We looked through the dried leaves and found fallen branches and rotting wood growing its own beauty, bouquets of wooden fungus making its place in natures playground.

wooden fungus rotting wood woodland beauty
 We even came across a animals skull

woodland discovery animal skull

There was so much beauty so many treasures to find  we didn't return home till gone 5pm.

I enjoyed focusing my camera on some of natures beauty instead of the children or Jackson, (not that they aren't wonderful subjects of course).

Have you managed to get outside this week, did you take your camera with you?
I'm linking this post up to the ever amazing CountryKids over at CoombeMill and The ArtsyGirls Finagle a Foto which is a brilliant place to pop over and get some photographic inspiration!

I'm also participating in the Great British Walking Challenge why don't you join in too? you can find out more over on Lakes Single Mums Blog
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Nature trail Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Blogs Tiền Ảo